How to Install BT Panel on Linux Servers?
As website construction and server management grow increasingly complex, BT Panel has become the go-to tool for many website administrators. This article provides you with a comprehensive guide to installing and using the BT Panel.
Preparation for BT Panel Installation
Before installing the BT Panel, there are several necessary preparations that need to be completed:
- System Compatibility: Ensure your server operating system is CentOS 6+, Ubuntu 14+, or Debian 7+, with at least 512MB of memory.
- Network and Time Synchronization: Confirm that the operating system’s time and network configurations are normal, which will help with subsequent software installation and data exchange.
- Permission Requirements: You need to have root access or use sudo privileges to ensure administrative rights during the installation process.
- Disable selinux: selinux may prevent the correct installation of the BT Panel, so it should be disabled before starting.
BT Panel Installation Guide
The steps to install the BT Panel are simple and straightforward:
- Open your server’s terminal through SSH.
- Enter the following command to start the installation:
wget -O install.sh http://download.bt.cn/install/install_6.0.sh && sh install.sh
Then wait patiently for the installation process to complete. After the installation ends, the system will prompt you to set the initial administrator account and password for the BT Panel. Once these settings are completed, the BT Panel is successfully installed.
Finally, use a browser to access your server’s IP followed by port 8888 (for example: https://your-server-ip:8888) to log in to the BT Panel.
Website and Server Management Post-Installation
After installing the BT Panel, it provides a wealth of features to help you manage websites and servers:
- Website Management: In the BT Panel, you can easily add websites, configure databases and FTP, as well as install various common website programs such as WordPress, Discuz, PHPCMS, etc.
- One-Click Operations: The BT Panel also offers one-click backup, one-click restore, remote synchronization, and other functions, all of which are important tools for ensuring the safety of website data and improving management efficiency.
- Security Monitoring: For website security, the BT Panel provides security monitoring features, including many security plugins such as a firewall, security groups, and DDoS protection.
After installing BookStack through the BT Panel on a Windows platform and successfully entering its backend management interface, you have taken the first step in building a knowledge management system. Subsequently, you can manage and edit content as needed, and further optimize BookStack’s performance and security configuration based on actual business needs. To ensure a smooth installation process, make sure to check each configuration step carefully. Additionally, a deep understanding of BookStack’s features and configuration options is crucial for fully utilizing the advantages it offers, so it is recommended to spend time familiarizing yourself with these details before official deployment.